WHAT WE DO
Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights.
The program seeks to empower children and young people to have a voice in the promotion and realisation of SRHR with a special focus on GYW and boys and young men operating as agents of change.
- Ensure children and young people have comprehensive knowledge on SRHR
- Access to SRHR services and resources
- Advocate for SRHR law and policy reform and budgetary allocation,
- Behavior change
Girls and Young Women's Empowerment (GYWE)
The programme empowers girls and young women to have a voice and demand their rights, ending child, early or forced marriages, harmful traditional and religious practices against girls and young women and promote equality.
- Life skills training for girls and young women (financial literacy, resilience building, income generating project support)
- Capacity building girls and young women on their rights.
Child and Youth Participation in Governance
The programme ensures that children and young people have a voice and are able to participate effectively in decision making processes on issues that concern them.
- Capacity strengthening of children and young people (child rights, SRHR & life skills,
- Child and youth led advocacy (children and young people participating in decision making processes)
- Establishing and supporting child and youth led groups
- Capacity building on child led reporting to treaty bodies such as the UNCRC and ACRWC
Child Led Reporting to Treaty Bodies
Supporting children to come up with their complementary reports to treaty bodies
Providing SRH Services and Products
Contributing towards universal access to Sexual and Reproductive Health services through establishing hub centers and providing communities with mobile SRHR Scotch carts to reach the most marginalized girls and young women,
Environmental Child Rights Campaign
Empowering children and young people to take a lead in advocating for the promotion of their environmental rights.
Ending violence against children with particular interest in working children and youth including those on the move. Working with Child Protection Committees we strengthen community response systems to child protection issues.
My Child Marriage Free Community Challenge
Challenges traditional and religious leaders to address child marriage and promote girls’ empowerment in their communities.
Hosting Annual National Conferences
Coordinates and convenes our community based child and youth led groups, junior councils and junior parliamentarians from all over Zimbabwe. The conference focuses on capacity building, on various issues including SRHR, SDG’s, Child Rights, Gender Equality etc.