Regional Network of Children and Young People Trust (RNCYPT) is calling for applications for a fundraising consultant. RNCYPT requires the services of a well-qualified Fundraiser with an exceptional track record to train the organisation on fundraising.
The responsibilities of the consultant are:
- Conduct a needs assessment to determine the fundraising gaps of the organization;
- Review the current fundraising strategies of the organizations;
- Identify possible avenues for fundraising through donor mapping;
- Identify other funding opportunities (corporate financers, trusts, funding agencies and individuals) internationally and locally, and provide recommendations for next steps in approaching these sources of funding
- Prioritise potential funding opportunities according to the best possible match between the scope of project activities and donor interests.
- Support the organization in the development of a fundraising strategy and action plans;
- Minimum of five years of fundraising experience (including donor management, identification and liaison; proposal writing).
- Proven track record of successful fundraising.
- Demonstrated success in preparing proposals and grant applications that have been approved for funding.
- Sound knowledge of the current funding and business environment in Zimbabwe and the donors that are presently funding projects here.
- Familiarity with sources of funding for projects related to girls and young women’s empowerment, SRHR, child rights, youth leadership and how to engage different funders at different levels.
- In-depth understanding of project design;
- The ideal candidate would be energetic, flexible and adaptable in their approach, be able to work individually or as a team and have excellent communication skills.
- Train RNCYPT staff on fundraising.
- Develop a fundraising strategy for RNCYPT.
- Develop fundraising plans for individual programming areas.
- Develop donor database or map existing data bases.
- List of funding opportunities across the industry, prioritised according to the best possible match between the scope of future independent organisations activities and donor interests.
To apply, submit a comprehensive profile to firstname.lastname@example.org focusing on previous work experience in fundraising; cost estimates and number of days required; a sample of a fund-raising strategy. This should be submitted not later than 12 March at 1000hrs. For more about RNCYPT, refer to www.rncypt.org